Kids SPOT is a pediatric comprehensive therapy center offering end-to-end pediatric therapy to infants, children, teens and young adults from birth to 21 years old. We provide in-community, in-house and clinic options throughout South Florida to help children achieve a greater quality of life.
Our patients benefit from personalized treatment plans developed to align with individual health requirements, lifestyle and personal demands.
Florida Pediatric Therapy Resources
Want to learn more about pediatric therapies in Florida? Check out the resources below:
- The Florida Occupational Therapy Association: The Florida OT Association represents OT practitioners in meeting the occupational needs of consumers and the community.
- The Florida Legislature: The Florida Legislature is a bicameral legislature comprising the Florida House of Representatives and the Florida Senate.
- Florida Board of Occupational Therapy: The Florida Board of Occupational Therapy is responsible for the regulation and licensure of the profession to ensure Florida citizens have access to high-quality occupational therapy services.
- Center for Parent Information and Resources: The CPIR Hub archives materials for Parent Centers around the U.S. to support the families they serve.
- Kid Source Online: KidSource OnLine is a group of parents with extensive experience in education, health care, engineering, marketing, computers and other related areas. We strive to make a positive and lasting difference in the lives of parents and children.
- Merck Manuals: Each subsequent edition of the Merck Manual provides the best medical information of the day to a wide range of users, including medical students and professionals, veterinary students, veterinarians and consumers.
- Florida Disabled Outdoors Association: The Florida Disabled Outdoors Association (FDOA) is a nonprofit organization that promotes accessible recreation to the general public as well as people with disabilities.
- Geneva Centre for Autism: The Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in delivering and developing clinical intervention training and services, offering a broad suite of clinical services tailored to all individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Developmental Delay Resources (DDR): DDR is an international nonprofit organization supporting the interrelationship of social-emotional, cognitive and physical development of children whose delays are on a continuum from mild to severe.
- Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD): Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) is a condition that affects the brain’s ability to respond to and perceive sensory information.
- Southpaw Enterprises: Southpaw Enterprises is the leading equipment manufacturer for students and patients suffering from sensory disabilities.
- Interactive Metronome: IM is an evidence-based assessment and training tool proven to improve motor and sensory skills, as well as comprehension, executive functioning, speech/language, memory, focus, attention and cognition.
- Sensory Integration International: Sensory Integration International uses an innovative approach to work with children and adults to improve perception, understanding and the ability to learn.
- Cerebral Palsy Guide: The Cerebral Palsy Guide provides free support, financial options and educational materials to help those affected by this condition.
- The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA): The AOTA advances occupational therapy research, education and practice through advocacy and standard setting.
Behavioral Therapy Resources for Parents
- Communication Connects– A website that offers easily understood information about communication disorders, and provides ideas for home activities that nurture speech/language development.
- Free Language Stuff– A website by Speech-Language Pathologist Paul Morris, with hundreds of language worksheets and activities in more than 20 areas.
- Hearing Journey.com (Listening Room)– The Listening Room is a steady stream of FREE activities and resources to support the development of speech, language and listening skills of children, adolescents and adult cochlear implant recipients
- Healing Thresholds– Resources and information about speech and language therapy for children with autism
- Hearing Pocket– An excellent blog about subjects such as hearing loss, raising deaf kids and cochlear implants just to name a few.
- LinguaHealth– A national speech-language pathology staffing company that specializes in linking school and clinic based career opportunities to dedicated speech-language pathologists.
- Little Talkers– Little Talkers was created by speech and language pathologist Trisha Shipcott, and includes online tutorial videos and developmental activity suggestions
- Online Children’s Stories– Free online children’s books.
- PBS Parents– Great information about child development!
- Play on Words– A great, resource filled blog & website from Speech Language Pathologist, Sherry Y. Artemenko. She has very informative articles on speech, early intervention, as well as book & toy reviews and super ideas on working with your child’s speech!
- Signing Time– Links to useful information, fun activities, and parenting resources to help you teach your child sign language
The pediatric specialists at Kids SPOT have put together these resources so that you can feel confident taking the next steps to support your child. Stay up to date with the latest research and evidence-based practices in pediatric therapy.
Contact Kids SPOT to Get Started with Childrten’s Therapy Services
Kids SPOT proudly serves children and families throughout Florida and Texas through our Family of Companies. We invite you to reach out to us online to learn more about our end-to-end kids’ therapy services.